Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Been A Busy Fall!

Well, Fall has now given way to old man winter and white can be found all around. Fishing has kept us busy which much to my chagrin has kept the video camera out of my hands on more days then I would have liked.

I did however get the chance to go out and do some more learning recently. I don't know about you, but I take any chance I can get to learn new things and expand my horizons. Recently I had the privilege of doing this with a seasoned videographer who has made quite the reputation for himself. His name is RA and he operates Beatty Outdoor Productions.

RA is a cool guy and he was quick to give pointers and help me out with what most would consider basic stuff I'm sure....but hey, I am from the school of "the only dumb question is the one you don't ask!" So, I asked and he was quick to answer. Thanks RA for your willingness to help a new guy....it was much appreciated!

Not only did I get questions answered, but I also got to watch him film which is always a learning experience because everyone has their own way of doing things.

We did get some steelhead action on film this year, and I hope to edit some down this winter. With any luck I will find the time and put together something to enjoy.

Another project we worked on for a couple of days was filming with the guys from the Orvis Company....their product development guys were down for the weekend and we tried to roll film for a couple of days and got some good footage.

Needless to say, we have some work to do as time allows.

Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year's!

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Owner/Operator
Flybum Media Productions

No comments: