Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Project Complete Gives Way To Those on the Horizon!

In the recent months, I have been busy learning new software, understanding new principles and just flat out working my tail off to the best I can be. I guess to sum it all up, it's been like going back to school.

As noted in my previous posts, the new equipment is great and is proving to be a HUGE asset to me in the filming and editing side of things.

I have just completed my first real project shot and edited on all the new equipment. It took much longer than I had wished, but that is what happens when you are trying to get a grip on so many things at once.

The project that I just completed is the result of a day spent at Mertensia Springs Trout and Wilderness Conservation Club down in the Dayton Ohio area. It is a promotional piece highlighting the property and resource they have. Check it out when you get a chance!


Now that the project is done and ready for shipment, I can focus on the next task. It is a big task, but I think I am up for it!

In less than a week, I leave for the Bristol Bay region of the great state of Alaska! It is a fisherman's paradise and a wilderness lovers dream. From a plethora of ducks and geese to eagles, from brown bears to sockeye salmon, the place is as close to heaven on earth as many can imagine. I will be up for two things....fishing and filming!!! If those two objectives don't get accomplished, then I have failed. I hope to bring back enough footage to edit down Volume 2 of "The Adventures of Flybum." Somehow I don't think it will be a problem...unless it decides to rain the whole time...at which point I will probably break out the rain gear and film on.....

So, for now, I just have to figure out how to get all of my gear up there....in one piece...without spending tons of extra cash....and with enough flexibility to carry it with me wherever I go while we are on stream.

I will post all kinds of stuff when I return...until then, you can keep up with our other groups Alaska highlights at the Steelhead Alley Outfitters Blog.

Until next time, good shooting....

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Owner/Operator
Flybum Media Productions

No comments: