Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Hand Forced!

Well, I knew it was going to happen, because I planned on it happening. What I didn't plan for was how soon I would end up doing it.

What the heck are you talking about...right? Well, when I decided to get serious about editing and shooting film, I started with the purchase of a new HDV camera. Given the fact I already had a 17" Macbook Pro, I had a decent computer that was editing things just fine. What I didn't foresee was the lack of compatibility and the downright ridiculous strain that high def footage can put on a computer.

So, my hand is now forced due to these issues. I have spent the last few days trying to edit on my current setup and have been unable to do so without going nuts. On average, of every 10 minutes of time at the computer I am waiting on it for 3-4 minutes of that time. OH YEAH....FRUSTRATING. No more....not for me! Here comes Mac Pro to the rescue.

With the upcoming release of Mac's new operating system "Snow Leopard," I am getting the jump and moving to what some consider the ultimate computer on the market....The 8-core Mac Pro.....


THE MAC PRO WITH SIDE PANEL
REMOVED TO SHOW IT'S POWER

The 8-core Mac Pro is an unbelievable machine. With a top processor of nearly 3Ghz on 8 cores and the potential load of 32Gb of ram, this machine will FLY!!! No more waiting. To top it off, you can get a couple of superdrives to duplicate DVD's, run more monitors than a man could afford and access 5 independent hard drives without going external....each bay holding a potential of 1 terabyte of storage space. Needless to say this machine is built for editing and creative design!!!!

FINAL CUT STUDIO 2

The other purchase on it's way soon is Final Cut Studio. Unarguably this is one (if not the best) editing suite on the market. This will do everything I could ever think of and some things I probably don't know even exist. The new version (Studio 3) will most likely premier following the release of the new operating system.

In short, I can't wait to get the new gear as it will greatly increase my productivity. I currently have footage sitting on standby waiting for that magical moment. I also have a short film nearly done, but it is currently on hold due to some compatibility issues. Hopefully I will have something completed sooner than later.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of new technology,

Patrick "Flybum" Robinson
Owner/Operator
Flybum Media Productions

No comments: